There are many mysterious hidden shrines on Narukami Island. If you want to find this hidden area on the Genshin Impact Inazuma map, you must complete the ‘Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual’ quest. Doing so will open the Teleport Waypoint in Araumi (visible on the normal map, but unreachable) and give you access to the Perpetual Mechanical Array boss.
The first step to completing the Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual is to accept a side quest from an NPC named Kazari. You can find it right after leaving Ritou for the first time. If you cross the water to the larger Narukami Island, you’ll see Kazari right in front of you, at the top of the stairs. Interact with Kazari to start the quest ‘A Strange Story in Konda’.
Be warned: talking to this mysterious woman is only the first step in the Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual quest chain. The full quest flow is quite difficult and very long (and we mean really!), but luckily, we are here to help you every step of the way.
How to start the first Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual in Genshin Impact
Starting the quest ‘A Strange Story in Konda’ is your first step towards the Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual. These are the steps you need to take:
- Visit Konda Village and talk to the NPC. The correct order of items is: coin pouch, cargo bag, and then banknotes.
- Go down into the well, destroy the wall, then follow the Electro ball. Use Electrogranum to get past the Thunder Barrier (Electro wall).
- Perform the first Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual (though it hasn’t been called yet): clean the shrine, then look at the puzzle pattern. You can change the numbers depending on how closely they are connected to the temple pillar number 1 (the one you are standing next to). So if you start at number 1 and walk around the shrine towards your right, the number of Sakura leaves on the pillar should be 2-3-5-4.
- After performing the Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual, defeat the phantom that appears.
Second Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual: Sacrificial Offering
The next part of the Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual quest chain is called the ‘Sacrifice Offering’. Go to the abandoned temple near Konda Village – the purple area on your map – and complete the following objectives:
- Follow the three ghosts until they are all standing behind the three fox statues facing each other. The ghosts will disappear and leave behind a book about the Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual.
- Get the Memento Lens at Grand Narukami Shrine, then use it on the Kitsune statue to activate hidden memories.
- The correct order of dialogue is “On behalf of…”, “And from…”, “Bring…”.
- Go to the Barrier. Enter the cave under the abandoned temple – the entrance is lower, on the south side.
- After crossing another Thunder Barrier, climb up to the rock wall, pass through the gate, and collect the Rust-Worn Key. Use it to unlock the gate in Chinju Forest – in the northwest, at the beginning of the river in the purple area.
- Solve other Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual puzzles. The solution is 2 in the middle, then 3-3-3 at all ends.
The Ritual of Cleansing the Sacred Sakura in Chinju Forest
- Talk to the giant rock bear in the northernmost part of Chinju Forest, then find three Tanuki. Light the torch when it appears. One Tanuki was near the Hilichurls.
- Go to the indicated location; bare rock will disappear.
- These Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual puzzles are a bit more complicated than the previous ones – see pictures for patterns. The two furthest pillars are 2, the one on your left is 3, and the one on the right is 4.
Sacred Sakura Cleaning Ritual in Araumi
Go to the Araumi region in the northern part of Narukami Island and do the following:
- Light up every Electro pillar that surrounds the huge Sakura tree and rock ruins.
- Go inside the ruins of the stone tower and use the Memento Lens on the Kitsune statue.
- Use it on the other Kitsune below to get Electrogranum and get past the Electro Barrier. Infuse the fox statue with Electro and take the ward.
- The Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual Solution in Araumi: place the ones on the sides (left and right) on 3 Sakura leaves. The remaining two behind the shrine must have the number 2. They are hidden behind the Kitsune statue; use Memento Lenses again.
Sacred Sakura Cleaning Ritual at Kamisato Farm
Finally, let’s get to the final Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual:
- Sliding down towards the east coast of the Kamisato Estate. You will see a rock with a tree, a fox statue, and a glowing Kitsune statue on it. Use Memento Lenses in Kitsune.
- Go to the island off the coast, then use the Memento Lens on Kitsune in the middle.
- Use Electrograna to protect yourself from Electro damage.
- The Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual solution is 2 Sakura leaves on the pillars in front of and behind you (which is near the path), and 3 on your left and right. Be careful: there are two ghosts here.
And that’s every Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual in Genshin Impact! Safe; You’re done looking for hidden things and secret passages – at least for now. If you’re lucky enough to pull an Ayaka, we’ve got the best Ayaka build guide.