- This blog provides information about the Reliance Foundation Scholarship Program.
- It also talks about the eligibility criteria, online application and selection process of this program.
The Reliance Foundation has taken the initiative, known as Reliance Foundation Scholarship or the 2022 Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship programme, to offer financial assistance to high achieving and physically disabled Grade 12 students. The scheme was initiated in 1996 and provides financial assistance to more than 11,500 outstanding students.
Under this scheme, all students who meet the eligibility criteria stated by the organization can avail this scholarship. As a result, they will benefit from financial support from Rs 35,000 to 55,000 per year during the chosen college course. These students can submit the online application form which is available on the official website of the Reliance Foundation.
Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship at a Glance
|Last date||August 2022|
|Prize for engineering||Rp. 36,000 per year|
|Gift for medical||Rp. 40,000 per year|
Now that individuals have an idea about the program, they should know about the important dates of these Reliance Foundation Scholarships.
What are the Important Dates for the Reliance Foundation Scholarship?
Important dates for Reliance Foundation Scholarship programs are listed below.
|For all applicants, the deadline is 23:59 IST||7th line up|
|For referees, the deadline for submitting their references online is 23:59 IST||21st line up|
Now that applicants know the deadlines to meet while selecting this scholarship, they should check the eligibility criteria before applying for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for Reliance Foundation Scholarship
Eligibility criteria for Reliance Foundation Scholarship programs are mentioned below.
- Students must pass 12th standard board exam with good grades from the State Council or CBSE.
- Candidate must enroll in a diploma or degree program at a recognized College, University or Institution.
- Candidate’s annual family income should not exceed INR 50 Lakh.
- Candidates must receive a Letter of Eligibility from the Reliance Foundation for this scholarship.
- Students with special abilities who have no annual income limit.
- The student must be under 20 years of age by 30 April of the year of application.
Interested candidates should also check the list of documents required to apply for this scholarship.
Documents Required to Apply for Reliance Foundation Scholarship
The documents that individuals must produce when applying for this scholarship program are listed below.
- Pass certificate or grade card 12th Standard Board Exam
- Age proof certificate
- Proof of family annual income
- Disability certificate is only for physically handicapped candidates
- Passport size photo
- Eligibility Letter from Reliance Foundation Scholarship organization
- Certificate of leaving school
Now that individuals know about the required documents, they can check the online process of filling out the scholarship application form.
The application process for this scholarship is slightly different from other scholarship programs. Because this scholarship only applies to the top scorer of 12th State Board or CBSE Board Examinations, Reliance Foundation sends Eligibility Letters to the top 15 scorers in each state, excluding Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa. The Reliance Foundation sends Eligibility Letters to the top 10 scorers for these three states.
Applicants who get the Eligibility Letter can apply for the scholarship within 60 days from the date of receipt of the letter. Eligible individuals can follow the steps mentioned below to apply for this scholarship online.
Step 1: Go through the official online portal of Reliance Foundation Scholarship Program.
Step 2: Click the ‘Login’ button to start the online application process.
Step 3: Candidate must login using login ID and password as stated in the Eligibility Letter.
Step 4: After successfully completing this login process, fill in all required details in the online application form, such as name, email ID, contact number, date of birth, age, gender, etc.
Step 5: Then, the candidate must upload all the required supporting documents to the online portal.
Step 6: Next, submit the online form.
Knowing how to apply for this scholarship program online is not enough. Individuals should also check the selection criteria for the same.
Reliance Foundation Scholarship Selection Criteria
Selection criteria for Reliance Foundation Scholarship mentioned below.
- Only Indian residents can apply for this scholarship.
- Current students must enroll at a recognized institution.
- Students must also enroll in eligible subjects on a full-time basis.
- Undergraduate students holding ranks 1 to 10,000 in the JEE Main (Paper 1) exam will be awarded the Undergraduate Scholarship.
- Graduate students who have scored 600 to 1,000 in the GATE Exam or 7.5 CGPA (or the percentage normalized to the CGPA) or above scores in their Undergraduate program can benefit from the Postgraduate Scholarship.
Reliance Foundation Scholarships for various courses
|Course name||Tuition fee||Book Allowance||Maintenance Allowance||Total Scholarship|
|Medical||Rp 23,500||INR 6,000||IDR 11,500||IDR 41,000|
|Manipulation||IDR 19,500||INR 5,000||IDR 11,500||IDR 36,000|
|Pharmacy||IDR 6,500||INR 5,000||IDR 7,500||IDR 19,000|
|Agriculture||Rp3,500||INR 4,000||IDR 11,500||IDR 19,000|
|Management/ Bio-Technology/ Computer/ Media||INR 8,000||INR 3,000||IDR 7,500||IDR 18,500|
|Law/ Commerce/ Science/ Arts/ D.Ed.||INR 2,000||INR 3,000||IDR 7,500||Rp 12,500|
|Another||INR 2,000||INR 3,000||IDR 7,500||Rp 12,500|
Addition, Reliance Foundation Scholarship can help deserving students who are economically weak but good in studies and wish to undertake higher studies. This will shape their career and help them to continue their studies. With this scholarship, poor but meritorious students can pursue their dream course, and nothing can stop them from achieving their goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the scholarship form sent?
Ans. Scholarship form sent to Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation, 1203-1206, Arcadia, 12th Floor, 195, NCPAMarg, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021
2. How is the Reliance Foundation Scholarship amount paid annually?
Ans. The Reliance Foundation pays the scholarship amount to the student’s bank account annually, but only after submitting a copy of the previous year’s grade sheet and the most recent fee receipt.
3. Are there any reservations for SC/ST/OBC students on Reliance Scholarship?
Ans. No, there is no reservation for this scholarship. These scholarships are awarded strictly on the merit of the student.