Here you will find all the information you need to access your Academy Sports credit card account online. You can also make payments and contact customer service for additional assistance. Comenity Capital Bank issues the Academy Sports credit card. Comenity provides all these services for Academy Sports.
Table of Contents
What’s the Academy Credit Card?
Comenity Bank issues Academy credit cards. These cards can be used to get great benefits for purchasing outdoor and sports equipment. Cardholders can receive $15 off their first qualifying purchase. You can also get 5% off your next qualifying online or in-store purchase and free standard shipping if you spend at least $15 on Academy.com
It is crucial to make timely payments towards an Academy credit card in order to keep your credit standing and avoid late fees. Here’s how to make online payments, mail them, or phone them.
Online Access to Your Account
Customer Service – Help and Pay by Phone
- For assistance and payments, call 1-877-321-80509 to speak with the Academy Sports customer service number.
Pay with Credit Card
Academy Sports Credit Card
P.O. P.O. Box 659820
San Antonio, TX 78265
Academy Visa Credit Card: Features and Benefits
You will receive a $15 discount if you are instantly approved for the Academy Visa Card while shopping in-store. You’ll receive a $15 credit towards any Academy purchase if your application takes longer.
To get the discount, you must purchase at least $15 After making your first purchase within 60 calendar days, you will receive 1,000 bonus points.
You will receive five points for every dollar you spend at Academy Sports + Outdoors as an Academy credit card member. All other purchases earn 1 point per dollar. Gas station purchases earn 2 points per $1. Gas purchases earn a bonus of $150 per billing cycle.
Store cards typically don’t offer bonus categories beyond the ones they have within their network. This is an exclusive and valuable feature of Academy Sports credit cards.
This card comes in two variants: the Academy Sports + Outdoors Visa Signature or the Academy Sports + Outdoors Visa. Your creditworthiness will determine which card you get.
What you get:
- 15% off your first Academy Sports order
- Academy Sports purchases earn 5 points per $1
- 2 points at gas stations
- All other purchases earn 1 point
- Based on your creditworthiness, there is either no annual fee or $29
What is the value of Academy Card Rewards Points?
For every dollar spent with your Academy credit cards, you will earn points. Your redemption options are limited. The Academy Rewards Cards can only be used to redeem points.
You will receive a $25 Academy Rewards card, which is basically a gift certificate to the store, for every 2,500 points you earn. Points are worth 1 cent each.
You’ll receive $25 back every $500 spent when you use the U.S. Bank Academy Credit Card at Academy Sports. This is a return of 5 percent.
Depending on your spending habits, however, your return may hover around 1 to 2 percent. It’s still a good deal for a card with no fees.
How to Make an Online Payment for an Academy Credit Card
Three steps are required to make an Academy credit card payment online. To avoid a late fee , it’s important to submit your payment before 5:00 p.m. ET on the due date.
- With your username and password, log in to Comenity’s online bank portal. First-time users must register for online access . This requires your credit card number and zip code, as well as your Social Security number.
- Input your checking account information and routing numbers on the “Account” page. Comenity currently does not support debit card payments.
- Choose your payment amount, and your payment date. You can also create automatic payments by clicking on that option from the “Payments” page.
Comenity’s EasyPay program is available to those who don’t have an account online and do not want to set one up.
- To locate your account, enter your credit card number, zip code, and the last four digits of your Social Security number, Social insurance number, or other identification.
- Submit your checking account information to make a payment. Your data will not be stored until your account is created in the Account Center.
How to Make an Academy Credit Card payment by Mail
You can opt to send an Academy credit card payment via mail if you receive bills and statements by post.
- For the amount you wish to pay, write a check or moneyorder.
- Include the payment coupon and your card number on the check.
- Send(Mail) the payment to the address stated on the envelope or paper statement.
To avoid late fees and ensure timely delivery, make sure you post your payment at the latest one week before it is due.
Comenity Bank partners for credit cards with many retail outlets, such as Academy. Payment addresses can vary from card-to-card. Contact Customer Care at 1-877-321-859 if you are unsure about the address where you should mail your payment.
How to Make an Academy Credit Card Pay by Phone
Another option is to pay your Academy credit card by phone. If you are unable to log in online, this can be a great option.
- Before you make the call, ensure that you have all of your bank information.
- To reach customer service hotline, dial 877-321-8599. Live customer service is available Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
- You have the option to either submit your payment via the automated system, or talk with a customer representative.
How Much Will You Earn With the Academy Credit Card?
It is entirely up to you. The rewards are unlimited, with the exception of the monthly limit on gas purchases. Academy Rewards Points are earned by swiping your Academy Visa card more often.
Let’s say you are going to Lake Powel this summer, and would like to purchase a stand-up paddleboard. You will get 2,500 points for spending $499.99 on a package of paddleboards. These points can be used to redeem a $25 coupon for future Academy Sports + Outdoors purchases. You will get 5 percent back in this instance.
- Academy Sports purchase: 5 points
- Gas: 2 points
- All other purchases: 1 point
Additional ways to save with the Academy Credit Card
For a limited period, the Academy credit card offers a 0% intro APR discount on purchases. The variable APR applies after that. This rate will be determined by your creditworthiness. The intro APR is not applicable to cash advances, balance transfers, or cash advances.
Let’s return to the paddleboard example. It’s expensive at $499.99. It’s not cheap, but you can be sure that you’ll get enough use from it to justify the price.
The Academy card can be used to finance the amount if you are unable or unwilling to pay the full amount. This would be a costly proposition with most credit cards due to the high interest rates.
The Academy credit card allows you to save money and purchase the board without spending all your cash. For six months, you could only pay $83.33 plus tax.
You won’t have to pay any extra for spreading the cost of the board across several months with the 0% APR deal. If you aren’t sure that you can repay the balance in six months, don’t make the purchase.
Academy Sports + Outdoors Visa Card earns five points per dollar in Academy stores It might not be the right card for you. Academy Sports is the only beneficiary of these rewards. You can’t redeem them at any other time. After you earn 2,500 points, the reward certificates will be automatically mailed.
This is not the best option for those who need flexible rewards. This is why almost any bank’s cashback cards would be a better option.
For example, you could use your Chase Freedom card rewards to make any purchase at any store. If you want, you could use the cash back that you earn from Chase Freedom card to purchase a paddleboard at Academy Sports. You could even get a $150 Freedom card sign-up bonus, which will bring the cost down to $350.